One pot, 10 minutes. This recipe is quick to make, tastes delicious, and has minimal dishes. One-Pot Pasta Primavera is perfect for those evenings when you are short on time but still want a hearty dinner. Although Primavera is typically a Spring dish, the added turkey makes this dish perfect for Fall.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
For the pan or pot you use for this recipe, I recommend using a pan that has a wide base and the sides are not too tall. Avoid using a deep stockpot as this will not allow the water to evaporate at the correct pace and could result in overcooked pasta. This is a great pan.
I love to cook this One-pot Pasta Primavera with spaghetti; however, you can definitely substitute for your favorite type of pasta. I do not recommend making this recipe with gluten-free pasta because it will not release the required amount of starch that is needed for the one-pot method.
Pasta Measuring Tip: You have a 1 lb. package of spaghetti and only need 12 oz.
- Open the package and grab the pasta into your 2 hands.
- Give or take from one hand to another until both hands are holding equal amounts of pasta, roughly 8 oz. each.
- Set one handful aside.
- Take the remaining handful and divide it as before until you have 4 oz in each hand.
- Add one handful to the 8 oz. that was set aside to make 12 oz.
The remaining 4 oz can be put back in the original packaging. You can mark the package as 4 oz and keep for another use.
Save time: Cut up vegetables and slice the turkey ahead of time. Then at dinner time, the prep time is done in no time.
One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- 12 oz link of turkey kielbasa
- 12 oz spaghetti pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 bell peppers tri-colored, prefered
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon juiced or 1/4 cup juice
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 1/4 cups water
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise Primal Kitchen, recommended
- Fat dice onion and bell peppers. Slice kielbasa.
- In a large straight-sided pan or pot combine all ingredients with the exception of mayonnaise. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta to prevent sticking until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid has evaporated (8 to 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Serve & enjoy.
If you make this recipe, please comment below! Also, I would love it you tag me on your Instagram @alldayhuang.
Please find more of my recipes: Recipes