Nothing screams summer like blueberries. I love blueberry muffins; however, most recipes I have tried include a lot of sugar and are “not healthy”. I wanted to put my own spin on a classic. These are still just as delicious as a sugar and butter-filled muffin but with better substitutions. For more swapportunities read: 5 Food Swapportunities.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Emily’s Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together flours and baking powder.
- In a Pyrex cup combine almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture, stirring with whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 silicone muffin liners.
- Bake for 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately or allow to cool.