Banana Breakfast Bars have become a breakfast staple in our home. They are tasty, fun to make with kids (since no raw ingredients to worry about). Also, I find the size and shape are much easier for toddlers to handle rather than a traditional muffin. For my 18-month-old, I like to serve half a bar with egg and fruit for his breakfast.
These bars are vegan and dairy-free for my nursing mamas who cannot have dairy currently.
I use this pan.
I like using this coconut oil.
Banana Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil if solidified, microwave 30 seconds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas about 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease an 8×8 pan. I like to put a bit of coconut oil on a paper towel and spread it along the entire surface area of the pan. This helps keep the bars from sticking when you are ready to serve. You can also use spray oil as well.
- Sift together and set aside flours, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and bananas. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in chopped walnuts (if desired).
- Spread batter into prepared pan. It will be thick. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into bars. Make 3 cuts in one direction and 2 cuts in the other direction to make 12 bars. These can also be cut into 9 bars for a larger size (as shown in the photo.) Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, I would love for you to comment below with what your family thought!