As we near the 1-year mark of this blog, I thought it would be fun to give you a peek behind the curtain of who I am. Here are 10 Fun Facts about me.
- I hate Characters but Love Disneyland– I shared this on Instagram recently but seriously, those people dressed in giant animal suits freak me out. As I have gotten older the fear has calmed down but I still don’t like them.
- Swimmer– I started swim team when I was 5. (Swim lessons even before that- it’s how I met my best friend.) I hated getting in the pool and the stress of racing was always a lot. But once I was in the water, I was in my happy place. I continued to swim all through my sophomore year in college. I even became a lifeguard and a certified swim instructor. The pool is still my place of peace and brings me such joy. Albeit, I really don’t get into the water as much as I would like.
- Budgeting/Financial Planning Nerd– As a child I started creating my own budgets. I would get $10 from my birthday and allocate based on percentages saving, spending, and giving. I truly find budgeting fun. I like making a plan for my goals (now my family’s goals). I like seeing how we can cut spending in certain areas to meet these goals. This passion led me to pursue a degree in Finance and eventually become a Certified Financial Planner. While I don’t currently use my degree or certification professionally, I still manage my family’s finances. I am also a sounding board for a lot of my friends’ questions.
- Type A– This may be obvious given my previous confession about budgeting. I love having a plan and sticking to it. Motherhood has stretched me in new ways to let go of some plans. But this is where I can I still feed my organized heart.
- I love to sing– If music is on, I am probably singing. I just love it. If I am on a 6-hour road trip, I will be singing the whole time. Thank goodness I found a man who does not care if I sing the whole ride. I used to drive my family CRAZY! I started choir in the second grade. I continued to sing in my church up until I was 20 and was leading the youth choir. Now my singing is contained to my shower and car.
- I am terrible at DIY, crafts, etc.– I so want to be a creative person but my analytical and perfectionist mind does not let me let go. I did one of those paint & drink nights a few years back and HATED it. I was seriously so frustrated by the end that I left my painting there.
- Baker– While I am not creative, this is where I feel I let my creative juices out. I love baking and often I spend 30 minutes after my son goes to bed to whip up something tasty and just have “me time”. Although now that my son is getting a bit older, I do like to find time to bake with him as well.
- My wedding reception was at the zoo. We chose the venue because it was stunning and we thought our guests would enjoy it. Feeding the giraffes during our cocktail hour was still a highlight!
- I am a Christian who worships in a Catholic Church– Growing up I was raised in a home where I was instilled Christian values. This is still so important to me. Every Sunday we would go to Catholic mass. I also attended Catholic school for almost all of my schooling (with the exception of 2 years of City College). That said, I went to Christian bible camps during the summer and attended multiple Christian bible studies. In the Christian community, there tends to be a big division between Catholics and Protestants. But my family raised us to not see the differences as much as the core values are rooted in the bible. I love this perspective and as I have grown I have realized how unique it is.
- I love puns– I love a good pun or play on words hence the name of this blog All Day Huang. (In case you do not know how to pronounce my last name, it rhymes with long.)
These are the 10 Fun Facts about me. I would love for you to comment below with a fun fact about you! What is a quirky or unique thing about you?
For more about me, read About Emily and My Fitness Story.
Leave a Reply