In my effort to declutter my house and my kitchen, I really had to assess what I love and use. This made me reflect on my top kitchen items that I use consistently and love. I will say that I am not a person who loves appliances. I want to keep life simple and have nothing on my counters (although looking in my kitchen now you would have no idea with the sheer number of things that need to be put away). If you feel like you are missing key items in your kitchen or simply love trying new things, here are my tried and true, 10 favorite kitchen items.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
1. Vitamix Blender– I know that this is on the pricier side but I use this every single day. I use it to make my daily superfoods shake (which I am obsessed with). I also use this to make soups, puree sauces, blend cookie batter. So much!
2.Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer– Another pricier item but a must! I love to bake and this is a game-changer. I also use it to make mashed potatoes, bread, pretty much everything. I prefer this over the traditional handheld mixer because it is hands-free. I can have my mashed potatoes mashing while I am attending to my protein or I can have my cookie batter mixing while I am prepping the cookie sheet. I have used this for years but I must say as a mom this has even greater importance. Being in the kitchen with a baby on my hip has become a regular occurrence and this definitely makes my life easier!
3. Recipe Stand– I have shared before on Instagram that I pull out my weekly recipes for my dinners and attached them to my clipboard on a stand in my kitchen. This makes it so I am not searching for recipes throughout the week and it is quick and easy. My recipe stand is an old sign stand that I bought at a thrift store for my wedding decorations. Here is a simple stand option:
4. Portion Controlled Containers– These containers are amazing. They are part of my Fit Club meal plan options. They basically tell you how much of each food group to eat depending on your goals. I am all about eating all of the food groups but finding the healthy balance. I love carbs but I truly did not know what one serving of rice or pasta looked like. Now I do and these containers are incredible. I also use them to pack snacks for my son or fruit for my hubby when he was in the office.
5. Kitchen Scissors– Game-changer! I originally got kitchen scissors to use instead of a pizza cutter. It is seriously so much easier. Now I use them daily. To trim asparagus, cut broccoli, open packages, you name it. Also, they are super easy to clean.
6. Nonstick Frying Pan – This is the pan we use every single day. It is amazing and I love that it can be used for eggs, grilled cheese, pancakes, basically anything! If you are looking for a solid good quality pan, this is it!
7. Silicone Cooking Tools– My mother-in-law bought these for us from Costco when my husband first moved into his condo. I used them once and was all about them. I love that they are one seamless piece which makes them easy to clean and I don’t have to worry about them scratching the bottoms of any pan.
8. Dish Towels– Dish towels get used so much these days especially with my little guy learning how to pull the top off of his sippy cup. I have had these for years. They are actually absorbent and look so cute!!
9. Cookie Sheets– These are a recent addition to my kitchen and they have been amazing! They cook everything so evenly and are the perfect size.
10. Silpat Mats– I use these all the time when I am making cookies or oven roasting vegetables. I throw them in the dishwasher (they do not say dishwasher safe in the product description but I have never had an issue).
These are my favorite kitchen items. What item do you use all the time that you feel is a kitchen must-have? Are there any gaps in your current kitchen items? Figure out what is most important to you and where it makes sense to splurge.
The Ultimate Guide to Meal Planning
The Ultimate Guide to Meal Planning for the Non-Planner
Get the free download HERE.